2. - From Gaia, to affect humanity's mentality and evolution, by giving sets of ideas and impulses to our unconcious sensitivity, which will gradually surface, so humans will support Gaia's own life-systems, instead of overburdening them.
3. - Earth-healing from powerful benefactors, to recharge the planet's energy-grid, readjust imbalances and create resonances, and implant enhancements on subtle energy levels, filtering down to the globe's dependent life-forms homeopathically and genetically - making imprints upon our consciousness directly, while bypassing our mentality's reductionism.
4. - From friendly earth-spirits, devas, angels with their usual compassion and helpfulness.
5. - Holographic symbols planted by wize ancestors in previous civilizations, or by extraterrestrial beings of yore, to arise when their usage is most needed by us, to stimulate us to pressing insights, and as a "hook" to entice us to deeply study these formations' underlying principles.
6. - From future human beings with knowledge of our history of symbols and thought, more skillful than we are now, to guide us into a new major development and to a greater world-view - including perhaps a tutorship in advanced physics with blueprints - at an interactive rate just comprehensible or palatable to us, but which they appropriately regulate.
7. - From deeply-involved circle-mileau persons, who subconsciously "trigger" specific telekinetic manifestations; or from one or more psychics elsewhere, as conscious ESP creations made for our inspiration and for their own creative joy.
8. - Archetypes from humanity's collective unconscious, spontaneously arising and birthing as polarity responses to f.ex. our information overload/ ego-centered materialism/ anxiety and stress, etc.
9. - From the inhabitants of a contemporary, perhaps nearby, normally invisible parallel universe, who are opening a dimensional doorway for us and giving us "signs" or sending us signals.
10. - From descending, extremely hot, electromagnetically ionized wind and plasma vortices, producing geometric interface-patterns at earth-surface, as they meet the earth's magnetic-lines and energy-fields, i.e. quite new bi-products of nature's non-sentient forces.
11. - Some combination or mixture of these sources and motives, such as creators working together on differing planes with combined purposes.
Maybe our radio telescope signalling, noisy satellite communication, and space rocket programs have advertized our existence enough to attract curious, good-intentioned, humanoid visitors, who are preparing us for a closer contact when we're ready. These peaceful circle-symbols are in fact stimulating our evolution (so far, through the few) to more holistic ideas, which is an important element of what we need for continuing survival. Foreign circle-makers may of course also be simply observing, testing,and pacing our level of intelligence, our emotional understanding, and our spiritual responses, in some scientific assessment of our current status and receptivity.
The circle-creators are in any case mentally interacting with our present level of thoughts, which points to them as contemporary, yet they also have an intimate knowledge of our historical thought-systems (our collective unconscious, barely accessible to ourselves), pointing toward either surveillance of us through many milleniums, deeply telepathic and clairvoyant techniques, or time-travel.
But allowing for examples in Nature like symmetric snowflakes (kaleidoscopic mirroring), crystallizations, and shell-shape progressions, would Gaia use unique specific, technical, enframed symbols - would Gaia be studying her advanced math so much, and using such precision-cutting tools which form the circles? Gaia's tastes seem to me more general and overall. The motivation would fit, but her preferred tools might be our changing instincts and genes, our intuition and yearnings, the same single inspiration popping up spontaneously in separated individuals (morphic resonance) - and not appeals to our intellect.
After creation, the first strong physical effects on humans, animals, and electrical/magnetic machines in a new formation are often unpleasant or seemingly disruptive, so either humanity would not be the prime targeted recipients, or the beneficial long-range results upon us excuse the short-lived bi-product discomforts. However, the mathematical, astronomy-related, and wider religious symbol-contents themselves would seem to point toward human receivers, unless the type of geometrical metaphors (symbols) traditionally used in our abstract thinking are indeed so naturally organic and universal, that in the larger picture, all life-forms will benefit by their energizing.
Normally, these benevolent spirits show themselves through visions, simple magical gifts are given to chosen humans, the statues of saints cry tears or blood, the water from sacred wells heals. There are plenty of traditions of divine symbol-gifts, like the origins of languages (for ex. Egyptian hieroglyphics and Chinese pictograms), plenty of holy religous symbols and diagrams (like the cross, Om, and yin/yang), plenty of legendary creation-myths. But there's no history or precedance of folktales, to my knowledge, where a series of extemely complicated and precise visual symbols are given one by one seasonally over a relatively few years.
Spirits and gods do usually come in hierarchies. Perhaps one of these levels of godhead is setting us tasks to solve or giving us tools (useful in other areas) to solve them, or even playfuly but compassionately giving us toys to egg us on, even playing with us.
Our possible helpers of the past would need to have mastered a technology of physics-instruments (the balls of light or other transmitters), which we've anyway never heard they possessed. But then ancient civilizations meticulously built pyramids and lay huge ground-drawings by means beyond our ken. But how would they have known in advance of the Mandelbrot and Julia Sets or the Koch fractal, for example? Or are these symbols naturally occurring, but their recognition some kind of milestone in our mental progress?
We'd have to postulate the usage of multiple psychic powers, running backwards and forwards along our time-scale. That these ancestor-spirits or extraterrestrials clairvoyantly knew our later symbols or implanted them in our mentality, as well as causing their physical fruition now in the fields. And they would have to still be vivacious and present enough now, to interact with the researchers' ongoing process and hypotheses. It's perhaps easier to assume that the creators are contemporary, but with knowledge of our race's history.
As Martin Keitel's Finnish contactee Mira points out, on the astral plane we can move forward and back in time, and on the mental plane move at the speed of willed thought. Included in the required, advanced mind-technology for this model, must be some form of two-way traffic - an on-going, contemporary, mental communication with the meditative, visualizing, and hypothesizing circle-researchers and enthusiasts most involved. The increased numbers of discovered formations may be a reflection of "feedback" to researchers going out expecting to find them, rather than an increase simply due to more people successfully looking for them.
Consider however the powers of those sages who have been documented materializing objects. Surely someone with sufficient psychic powers could mentally materialize patterns in wheat. Psychic materializing however is near the speed of thought; it doesn't take 20 seconds, nor require outside tools. So what about all the evidence of a specific technology of heat/radiation energies, with its lights and trilling sound - would these be plausible tools for a sage? What are the chances that a mental magician or holy man would also have the knowledge of both the many-levelled geometric relations in the forms, and of recent themes of modern mathematics (fractals etc.)?
Traditionally and at their best, miracles are created to heal and to draw attention to a verbalized ethical or religious teaching, to create faith in the miracle-maker as a holy messenger - but here we have anonymous creators with no explicit message. Yet one could imagine a gang of playful yogis somehow finding these symbols and relaying them as a sort of joke on modern scientific thinking, to inspire our way of thought. But wouldn't they somehow let this be known after all these years, to dramatize their aims?
Our growing cultural disparity during the latter half of the Millenium may be about to give way to a more homogeneous one, in a world where technology is rapidly diminishing the information gap between peoples. Maybe we can use some new archetypes, as alternatives to the cliche symbols of a dominating culture going worldwide, but in many ways askew. As a race, we're focusing much attention on our common specific problems, but only diffusely concentrating together on needed solutions - much less so, on esoteric geometric shapes which could affect the patterns of our thinking. So aside from the evidence of advanced technology behind their creation, although such symbols can benefit us, we'd probably require some help beyond our own collective power, to systematically access and present these archetypes.
It may well be that such denizens of another dimension cannot directly send us anything we might consider to be of a physical nature. Anything constructed in their dimension would be as ephemeral as they themselves. However, they may be able to control some physical/psychic forces for a brief moment, a number of seconds or minutes, and we experience these transient effects (phantasms or poltergeists) as balls of light and the trilling sound, while they may have also discovered a way to affect the local energy of growing crops in a field.
The main objection to this thesis is that our senses' evidence for stable parallel universes, such as reported experiences from visiting them, is almost totally lacking. Of course, events and beings on higher, faster-moving frequences, may hardly be visible for those whose survival habits and sensation-boundaries are attuned to lower frequencies. Perhaps such phenomena as synchronicity, premonitions, visions, shamanistic encounters, ghosts, and encoded signs from the dead could constitute evidence of these parallel worlds.
We could however hypothesize that the synergic effects of massive pollution, that chemical and electromagnetic imbalances, or even some other modern catalyst we've not yet recognized, may cause certain winds to behave in a most "un-natural" way. It could be that human psycho-electric energy and psychic experimentation takes advantage of and modifies some natural freak wind conditon, giving us especially the more "complicated" crop formations.
copyright jonah ohayv 7/2000
See also Recommended Sources under "Crop-circle peculiarities"